Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An Evening WITH Daddy!

A couple of evenings ago, before this cold weather blew in, we had the opportunity to spend ALL evening with Daddy! It must have been Sunday now that I think about it because lately, with Eric's school and coaching (& baseball playing... although that doesn't happen very often do to the other things) schedule, he has been getting home pretty late each evening. And with Emma going to bed around 7:30pm each night, that doesn't leave much time for Daddy to see baby. I'm ok with it, though, because on those late nights I know that Eric is out for a good reason. Plus, I also know that this is just for a season and that he won't be coaching all year. BUT, it was nice on Sunday because we were able to take advantage of him being home and went out for a brief walk, play time at the park, got some food, & even did a little shopping!
Heading out from our house. This was the 1st time that we decided to try Emma in the big-girl stroller. (instead of putting her in the car-seat and attaching it on top.) She did really well!
We happen to have a small park about a 2 minute walk from our house, so we stopped there to "play" for a bit.
We're not sure what Emma thought about the slide.
Or the swings.
But...
We're pretty sure she enjoyed being tossed in the air by Daddy!

Then we continued our walk and happened to stroll pass this spot on the sidewalk. I know it may seem childish, but do you see the names Eric & Laurie marked into the concrete there? Well, over 3 years ago Eric & I noticed this wet patch of sidewalk and decided to inscribe our names there. And here you can still see it! (Funny memory... I remember being upset that Eric wouldn't let me put a heart in between the names. Ha! Well, look where we are now!)
Then we went and picked up a box of our favorite cheap pizza here. PIZZA SCHOOL! And no, it's not actually a school where you go in and make your own pizzas.
And while we were waiting for our pizza to cook, I convinced Eric to walk across the street to the baby store and we ended up making 2 purchases! The 1st was of some more baby food containers for me to use when making Emma's food. And the 2nd was actually a toy! Other than the bath duckies we bought in the states, I think this might be the 1st toy we've ever bought for Emma! Yes, the rest were given to us. I'm sure that's the way it will be for many years to come... I've heard stories. Anyway, the above photo pictures Emma with her new ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment