Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Big Girl!

Last night Emma finally moved out of our bedroom (yay!) and into her own bedroom (YAY!). She's such a big girl now sleeping alone in her very own room! To me this is big. When she was a month old I almost had panic attacks thinking of the day when she wouldn't be sleeping in the pack 'n play right next to me. But, thankfully, in just the perfect timing, God has taken those feelings away and these last couple of days I felt like we were really ready to do this. #1 Reason - because the weather has finally turned BEAUTIFUL and we don't need to run the AC at night (which we only have in our bedroom, not for the whole house). #2 Reason - I feel like she's definitely old enough to handle this now because she isn't eating at night anymore. #3 Reason - Her sleeping patterns had taken a turn for the worse with her waking up almost every hour of the night crying. I would have to get up and put her pacifier back in her mouth to get her to go back to sleep... EVERY TIME. So I wondered if putting her in her own room would help her sleep better. And it DID! She woke up a couple of times early in the night and then slept for a good 6 hours before crying 1 more time. But then she went back to sleep then too! YAY EMMA! I don't know whether it was the nice weather with the windows open, or less noises in the room from Mommy & Daddy, or somehow that subconsciously in her sleep she knew we weren't there and couldn't cry just because she could (knowing I'd be there... if that makes sense). Well, at any rate, I'm happy and thought I'd share this milestone with you all. Now I feel more like a family. I know we were before but now it's like... we have a kid! She needs her own room. We'll never be able to get a house that just has one bedroom. We need 2! Hard to wrap my mind around sometimes but, exciting!

1 comment: