Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Husband is the Best!

Yesterday was my last day of teaching at ICS. It has been 6 wonderful years since God has called me here and it was so strange going in knowing that I wouldn't be coming back. That my whole life and routine and focus was about to change. A little emotional needless to say. (Can you blame me? I'm 9 months pregnant!) So, throughout the afternoon and evening, after we had left school, my wonderful husband started pulling out all these goodbye notes from ALL of the classes I'd ever taught before at ICS (and some that I hadn't actually taught but had still been involved with one way or another). It was so special reading their notes and memories of 6th Grade, 5 Grade, Library class, soccer, discipleship, mission trips, etc. And they were all very excited for Eric and I to move into this new baby stage of life. But the part that made me feel most loved was that my husband secretly planned this all on his own just for me! Thanks, Love!

I suppose I should briefly write about the other part of yesterday as well... We left for our Dr. appointment in Seoul around 1pm. When we arrived I was really excited because I was SURE the baby had dropped, that I was further progressed in effacement and dilation, and that the Dr. would way, "any minute now!" Well, not so. He told me that pretty much nothing had changed except that our baby had lowered just slightly. And then he went on to tell me that my blood pressure and protein levels were just slightly past the borderline high range which means I have mild preeclampsia. He actually suggested that I be admitted to the hospital right then so that they could monitor me from there. We talked him into letting me go home for the weekend (after the purchase of a 90,000 won blood pressure kit for monitoring) and I'll be headed back for a check-up on Monday. So, it is possible that I will be admitted then or that things will stay at this same level for now. Either way, please pray for us - that God would give us wisdom if there are any hard decisions coming our way. That me & baby would stay safe. And that we can keep trusting God through this time. Thank you all for your prayers and support!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you, friend! I know that you and Eric will know what the right thing is for you and your baby. I'm praying God would make it clear to you what his will is for how your baby is to be born (c-section or not). He is in control! I completely understand the not wanting to be induced or have surgery. Love you, hang in there! Not too much longer and you will be snuggling your little one in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a very thoughtful husband
    and he really had to work hard to pull
    that off with the right timing! Way to
    go Eric!
    We're praying for you and thinking of you
    often. Did you feel any earthquake tremors
    the other day. I thought that would be a
    perfect time to be having a baby, on 3-11-11
    with an earthquake not so far away!
    Sure would be memorable.:-)
    Praying for safety for all!
    Love,
    A. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww....what a sweet husband! Love it. =)

    ReplyDelete