Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Why I'm Here

I love my students. I love when my students live for Christ. I really love when my students come back and teach Bible class.


Eric Chun, who graduated with the class of 2008, came back and preached in Chapel and spoke in all of my Bible classes on August 26.


Below is a snippet of him teaching a combined class of 7th and 8th grade.



The reason why I'm here is rather simple: After Christ got a hold of my life, my passion has been to share him with teenagers--since that is when God stirred my heart up and I received Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord.

It's always a privilege when I watch as God uses me or uses anybody to get a teenager on fire for God. Eric Chun is such a person. His senior year was one spent leading others into the throne room. It was so amazing to see God work through him. What I love about Eric is that he embodies 2 Corinthians 4:5-7:

5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. (ESV)

It is in watching boys becoming young Christian men and in watching girls become young Christian ladies that I find great joy. That is why I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. hehehehehehe i see myself in that class in the video :DDD

    ReplyDelete