Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Making Baby Food

I am not a super crafty person. I don't sew or have many craft nights at my house. But one thing I DO like to do is cook. But originally, before Emma was ever born, I never gave making my own baby food much thought. It seemed very intimidating to me. But then Eric and I started looking at the prices of baby food jars here in Korea and they are priced anywhere from 3,500 won to 4,200 won. Which is about $3.50-$4.20. OUCH! And that's only for 1 jar that MIGHT last 2 servings with a baby. So, because of the price of that, plus the fact that we already have to formula feed, I told Eric that when Emma was ready to eat solids, I'd make them. And BOY am I glad that I did! #1 thing I've found out so far... It is FUN! #2 thing I've learned... making baby food is the easiest thing in the world. I made carrots the other day and literally all you have to do is peel 2 carrots, chop them up, boil them, & blender them with a little milk. And for the price of 2 carrots (maybe a dollar??) I got 4 "jars" worth of baby food out of it. 4 jars here would roughly cost me $15 so already I've saved so much money! Plus, now I know exactly what is going into my baby's belly.
Needless to say... I'm a fan!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Laurie! You're a good little momma. Besides, home cooked is so much better for Emma. PC now has a manual food processor and that would work great for that, plus, as she gets older, you would just not process it as much. You'll have to ask your mom for one for Christmas! :-)
    Love,
    A. Judy

    ReplyDelete