Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quick Baby Update

No pictures this time.

We had another baby Dr. appointment yesterday and several people have been asking how things are going so I thought I'd share them here. Yesterday we were 37 weeks +4 days. At Samsung, we had an ultrasound, non-stress test, and an examination by the Doctor. Overall, the outcome... things are just fine!

Again, they say the baby is a bit big... 8 pounds already! But of course that's just an estimate based on the sonogram. A friend of mine recently encouraged me that they (at the same hospital) had told her that her baby girl was 9.5 pounds but in the end she really only came out at 8.1. So, that's encouraging to me at least!

Baby is in the correct head-down position. During the non-stress test it was neat to see that I had 2 short sharp contractions (which I couldn't even feel.) But... at least my body is starting to gear up for the main event!

Other news, though, wasn't quite as promising. The baby is still floating (as in hasn't "dropped" yet), no dilation, and only 25% effacement. At the end of the appointment, the Doctor said, "in my experience, delivery is not impending." Which basically meant, "see ya next week!" Which is fine. I'm ok with another week or 2 or even 3 if need be. My vitals are doing good. Weight and blood pressure are steady. So, we'll see when this event actually gets going.

We'll keep you posted as things develop further!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well, although I know the last few weeks are so hard because you're so ready to know when it's going to happen!

    Luke wants you to have the baby on his birthday, but another good day is the 15th because that is the day 6 years ago we found out we were pregnant with our Winter-- remember, you were visiting with Larry and Judy, and had told us you had a dream we were pregnant :) I'll never forget that!

    Love the room, very cute!

    ReplyDelete