Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October



Hello everyone. It's October! You can see from these 1st few pictures that fall and harvest are definitely here. This picture of the fields is actually the view I see outside my classroom window. I find it so interesting every year to see the different stages of the rice fields. Now harvest is winding down and soon the fields will be barron for the next 6 months. Sad days. But... I do enjoy seeing the harvest and large bales of hay. It reminds me of Kansas!

Well, I wanted to give you a taste of many of the things we've been up to lately. Of course we weren't able to take our camera everywhere and get pictures of everything but we thought seeing these few pictures might be interesting for you. After 5 years I've come to think of some of these things (or even pictures of my students) as ordinary. But I forget that each child is special and each year is slighly different. And... many of you might not have been following my (our) journey from the beginning, so this might be the 1st rice field picture you've gotten to see!
So with that in mind, I'll show these pictures. The above picture is of several of my 5th grade students. They're a riot sometimes! Really good kids. And this little girl below is a 1st grader who rides the bus that I monitor after school each day before it leaves. I just think she is SO CUTE so I had to take a picture of her one day.
Several weeks ago, Eric was needed to guest coach the boys volleyball team for a few games. He actually went 1-1 which is not back for a rookie coach! He actually might have to step in coaching again tomorrow so pray for him! Last Friday, a few of the women teachers at our school held a "Girl's Night Out" event for some of the High School girls of the school. The intention of the night was to have fun doing silly games and eating pizza, while also intentionally interacting with them in a discipleship way and then having a short devotional on inner beauty. This picture was actually part of the silly game. The girls were blindfolded and then told to put make-up on us teachers. As you can see from this resulting picture... teenagers+blindfolds+makeup= BEAUTIFUL teachers! :)

So, while the girls had their "Girl's Night Out" at the school, the boys had their own night out at our friend, Howard's house. It was actually Tad's birthday so the men all surprised him for a party/get together. As you can see, what party for men would be complete without a HUGE fire for the barbeque?

Two weekends ago we were actually able to go to Seoul with a few of our friends to see a professional soccer game. Go Corea! Fighting! This is Eric and I waiting for the van to arrive playing cards - one of our favorite past times.


So, they gave us these funny cardboard visors to wear at the game to keep the sun out of our eyes. They looked so funny but sure worked good!

We enjoyed the game but I thought it was picture worthy when I caught Eric watching BASEBALL over the shoulder of this man who had it playing live on his cell phone! Ha! I guess there's no changing his heart. He's a baseball lover all the way!
Well, that's about it for now. Look for another update soon with pictures of what we do for Eric's birthday this weekend. I have a special surprise up my sleeve. I can't wait!
God Bless!
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment