Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Chusok!

Hello everyone! This weekend marked my 5th Chusok holiday celebrated here in Korea. It is amazing how time goes by! Who knew 5 years ago that this year my life would be the way it is now? Actually, even more crazy... who knew 6 years ago? At this time 6 years ago, I don't think I even knew where S. Korea was on the map! And now this is my home. I have a wonderful job, wonderful friends, a wonderful house, a wonderful church, and a wonderful husband. Praise God for the way he moves and directs our lives!

Over the years I have expanded my adventurous wings exploring many new places here in Korea as well as China, the Philippines (x3), Hawaii, & Mexico. I have made new friends and seen many of them come and go in our school. I have learned (but not nearly mastered yet :) the art of teaching, yet have improved vastly in the last 5 years. I have also gained confidence in my piano playing and am now even involved in our church's praise band. Other skills I have learned include: much more knowledge in the sports of soccer & cheerleading (as a result of having to coach them), learning how to drive a huge stick-shift van, and learning my gifts and what things I am passionate about. I have discipled HS girls and 5th graders alike. I have learned to read Korean (although understanding it still baffles me). I have gained HUGE confidence in traveling internationally & navigating airports. And I have learned the skill of how to pack EXACTLY 50 pounds into each piece of luggage. :) I have learned to appreciate Korean food and even to crave Kimchi... something of which I could not stand when I 1st arrived here.

And since coming here I have had MANY firsts: 1) My 1st classroom. 2) My 1st time living with Aftan :). 3) My 1st time leading a mission trip. 4) My 1st subway, taxi, and bus rides! 5) My 1st laptop. 6) My 1st time playing the piano in a band. 7) My 1st time flying extensively over water. 8) My 1st boyfriend. 9) My 1st date. 10) My 1st kiss. 11) My 1st love. 12) And my ONLY husband!

Chusok is a holiday much like our American "Thanksgiving." I know Koreans are thankful for the 1st of their harvest but I want to take this time to thank the Lord for all that he has done for me and blessed me with these last 5 years. Thank you LORD!

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment